so this is what summer looks like

We've had a fun week/weekend!! 

I finished a very long workweek at that hospital (note: full moon last Sunday which led to crazy, crazy week at work as a PRN girl) and we had a great end to the week and weekend. 

Sandra and Sara were here with us for a couple nights and few days.  The girls had a blast!! We had a picnic lunch one day and played outside most every moment that we could. 

The girls are loving the pool that Nate set up for this a couple weeks ago.  I don't think we've missed a day of swimming.  The girls think they're mermaids or dolphins depending on the hour.

We also built them a wooden sandbox (5x5) and are taking the little plastic turtle to Dad and Mom's.  I had purchased that one at a garage sale a few years back, but they have grown out of it.  More sand was in their hair than in the sandbox by the time we were done with sandbox play.  I'm not that naive to think that I have stopped the sand in the hair problem, but I'm hoping that by giving them more space that it will at least help.  So, as soon as they are done in the pool - they head straight for the sandbox and then are hosed down before going into the house. Nap time follows and they go down without any much fuss at all... It's a great routine and I think I can do it ALL summer long!

We went to Bluffton's farmers market Saturday morning and I found some cabbage (mine has yet to come in - I planted it a little late) and the girls found them some red raspberries (ours have stopped growing already).  Our garden is starting to slowly give us some harvest so I didn't need as much as I sometimes do and what I did hope to find, wasn't in locally anyways.  But we were happy with our findings nonetheless.

We came back to the house where Nate finished painting the trim white in the nursery (aka: girls room - out of habit to call it that) and the girls and I did what??? You're absolutely right, swam in the pool and played in the sandbox. We put the chicks/almost hens into the 'tall grass' of the chicken tractor and played with Chief (Rebecca's old dog from high school). 

Emily - my best friend from high school, through college, bridesmaid who stood by Nate and I as we took our vows, and now friend as we go into 'real life' stopped by and we chatted and caught up for awhile.  The girls loved her.  But refused to call her Emily and instead Emma.  Who knows?!?!

We ended Saturday night by grilling out with Nate's burgers and had some fresh veggies and Greek salad from the garden.  Baked beans, pasta salad, coleslaw, and watermelon topped off the menu.  Then, as I read the girls some books before bed, we sipped on Daddy's orange smoothies.  In love. (with their daddy and his orange smoothies)

pictures to follow at some point :o)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Orange Smoothies?!?!? I want one!! No...I really did read the rest of your post!! Can't wait to swim in the pool!

Popular Posts