my birthday surprise

So, it has been forever since I’ve last blogged and I’ve tried several times these past 2 months to start again but I just can’t do it.
Today I made myself. 
I wish I had more pictures.  I wish I had words to describe how I felt.  I wish I had more time, but alas all good things must come to an end…right?  Well, I wish they didn’t!!
Jen came into my life my junior year of high school (we decided it was then right Jen??) when her wonderful parents moved from Canada to the States and we became neighbors one road over.  She finished drum corp and moved in with her folks.  Oh the memories!! Dump meals, mixed/scrambled/foreign language meals, boy talk, boy talk, and more boy talk, meetings, gospel meetings, shopping trips, and much more.  Soon, Jen’s parents moved north to the state that shall not be named and Jen stayed with us as she kept her job here in Arlington. Jen’s bedroom was a makeshift room in our basement which was right beside my bedroom.  This was perfect for more boy talk.  Our future husbands were discussed in great detail as we dreamed and prayed for them.  Her engagement came much sooner than mine, but when she left me in December 2001 for her hubby-to-be, I was just beginning my romance with Nathan. That was in 2001-2002.  We never dreamed we would never see each other.  We talked on the phone through the years – weddings, our firstborns’ births (I still remember sitting in the phone booth at college crying as she told me that little Hayley had arrived), then her second and third and fourth – my second (we planned them together...well kinda…Kendra was born August 2009; Chelsea September 2009).  We always talk and plan and talk and plan and plans and talks always fall through…well, that was until June 20th, 2012 – My 28th birthday at 2:30 in the morning…..
I was fast asleep in my cold room( I like it that way…. it was summertime J) when Nate woke me up…honey, honey wake up I have a birthday surprise…what?? What time is it?  Seriously Nate 2 in the morning…are you sure you can’t wait on this until a few more hours….no!! you have to come downstairs.  So, I drug my sleepy butt, puffy black eyes downstairs to see  - my 10 inches taller,100 lbs skinnier, tons more beautiful, 10 years since I’d seen her – best friend Jen and her 4 gorgeous girls!! I was shocked beyond belief, couldn’t imagine how these 2 tricksters pulled it off….



We had an amazing time – go to Jen’s website for more details and pictures of the week – It was fantastic…I didn’t want it to ever end…and we kept saying that over and over…our girls had an amazing time playing together – they just loved each other instantly and it was wonderful to just spend time with each other.  Well good things did come to an end….but we’re already planning ANOTHER fantabulous trip – this time Nate and I are heading to Canada…Steve and Jen -  can you handle us??


Comments

Arlene said…
What an awesome birthday surprise! FUN!
Are you?? Really? I can't wait!!! The girls will be thrilled to see your girls again.
Gayle said…
Awwww...I've got tears just reading your blog! Am sooo glad that you two finally got together. Can't wait for that visit north to see S and J as we'll get to see you too! Bring your mom and dad and they can stay with us!!!

Popular Posts