a little of This and That...

We're heading down to Sharon this weekend to celebrate Mother's Day with my beautiful and wonderful mama!! She and my dad have been working hard on the old-new convention house. We're so excited that it's coming around and hopefully almost done!!

The girls have been getting adjusted to the new routine here at 'Grampa and Gramma's house' as Addison continues to call it. I try to explain that this is our new home and Addi continues to disagree, "Nope, Grampa and Gramma's" okay, then...Grampa and Gramma's it is. They have a playroom again (like they did at our last house). This is such a treat to have a room that is totally theirs to mess up and not have to be picked up every 10 seconds. I still try to tidy it up at the end of the day, but when company stops in unexpectedly, I love being able to have a spic and span living room and saying, sorry about the playroom that's the girls room. The new sitter is going well too. I still have to pry Kendra off of me when I leave her which breaks my heart and makes me wish I could stay at home and never leave her ever again. But then, Addison yells out through the screen door, "Bye-bye Mama...I love you...Make lots of money at work so you can take me to Elmo World again" Kids....gotta love 'em!

I'm still adjusting to my new work schedule. I go in at 2:30pm and work until 3:15am. I am able to come home and sleep and then have time to be a mama to my kids without being a complete zombie. This hospital is a lot bigger and the unit is much busier than any OB unit I've worked on before, but it keeps me steady and my skills are getting stronger.

So, with working full time again...I am making out a 2 week meal schedule that we try to strictly stick to and then I only go grocery shopping once every 2 weeks which is helping out so much with fitting it into my schedule and cutting back on not buying the non-necessities. Nate and I are splitting the duties/responsibilities almost even!! The evenings I am home, I cook and when I'm gone he cooks. What a good man I have!!!

We now have 1 dog (Chief), several...I repeat...several cats (Addi has a new name for all of them every time we visit the barn...today was Tink, Lacy, Zeno, Lank, Zank, etc), and 16 chickens/1 rooster (Ralph and Mrs. Cluck are what we call the rooster and most of the hens...lol) It's so much fun to have chores to do and have the sense of accomplishment when they are finished. We love gathering the eggs and watching the kitties grow. My girls are LOVING life on the farm. We plan to someday get a steer or 2 and maybe a lamb or piglets...it's so much fun to just daydream :o)

Special meetings were wonderful: like a cool glass of water after a long hot day. It just quenched the thirst!!

Our workers are starting gospel meetings again - I believe 3 meetings a week!! Special privileges....

Well...I guess that's a start. I have some pictures to post when I get around to it of some of our new adventures, but thought I could try posting a little more often :o)

What's everyone else up to this spring??

Comments

so good to hear from you. Life sounds EXTREMELY busy!! Tell Addison to tell mommy to "make lots of money at work so you can take me to legoland with Jen's girls in florida in October" Heehee.
Gayle said…
It was so much fun to open your blog today and find a posting!!! Yahoo!! Glad that you are settling into "Grandpa nad Grandma's" house!
Troy + Youngin said…
Great to read an update of your life. We've been wondering how things were going, if you had moved, etc. We'd love to hear more and see more pictures, too!
Arlene said…
Glad you started posting again, Rachel - we miss you guys. Glad things are going well.

Popular Posts